- Yes, you shouldn’t have any trouble returning lipstick to Sephora:
- According to Sephora, if you are not entirely satisfied with a Sephora purchase or gift for any particular reason, Sephora lets you return new or gently used cosmetics for a full refund to your original method of payment within 30 days of purchase
- Some people do say you have to be careful- the 30 days of purchase start from when items were PURCHASED, not when they were DELIVERED, even with shipping delays
- Another important thing- returns between 31-60 days after purchase are only eligible for online credit (if returned to them by mail) or store credit (if returned to them in-store). You will need proof of purchase!
As someone who is notoriously particular about her makeup, I have often found myself returning lipstick to Sephora.
I’m very particular about the shades of lipstick that I wear, and I often find that the shades available online are not always the same as the shades I receive in person.
In fact, I have even had instances where I have ordered a certain color online, and received a completely different color in the mail.
Needless to say, this can be quite frustrating, especially if you have taken the time to find the perfect color and then discover that it’s not what you expected.
Fortunately, Sephora has a pretty straightforward return policy for cosmetics.
If you are not satisfied with a purchase or gift for any particular reason, you can return new or gently used cosmetics for a full refund to your original method of payment within 30 days of purchase.
This means that if you order something online and it doesn’t turn out to be the right shade for you, or if it smells weird, you can usually get a full refund by returning it within 30 days.
So, can you return lipstick to Sephora?
Can you return the lipstick to Sephora? Yes, you can return lipstick to Sephora if you follow their return policy.
Let’s say you find your favorite shade of lipstick, but you don’t like it for some reason! Or you got the wrong shade, or it’s not what you were looking for!
Under all such circumstances, tons of things may come to your mind, and you would prefer to return the lipstick.
- Why return lipstick to Sephora?
- How to return lipstick to Sephora?
- Can I return my lipstick gift to Sephora?
If you are wondering about unwanted lipstick, you are in the right place!
Read on for more information.
Why Return Lipstick to Sephora?
There are several reasons why you would be returning the lipstick to Sephora. First, you may browse the internet to find your favorite lipstick shade.
It is a variety available, and it could be hard for you to find the perfect color. Then, when you visit the official website of Sephora or the app, you can see many colors.
But what you receive could be different! Now, you plan on exchanging it or returning it for a refund.
There could be many reasons for you to return lipstick to Sephora, or it could be any other makeup item.
Consider the following:
- You may not like the shade of lipstick, and thus, you don’t want to use it anymore!
- You expect a different shade, but what you receive differs from the online advertisement.
- You got a different shade by mistake.
- The lipstick smells weird.
- And more!
So, as you can see, there are several reasons to return lipstick to Sephora; thus, it would be good to know whether you would be able to return it or not.
How to Return Lipstick to Sephora?
You need to follow Sephora’s return and exchange policies. It would be best if you also saw the policies in your country’s Sephora.
Follow the guidelines, and you will be good to go! Plus, you can also get information about the timeline.
For example, Sephora would accept new and slightly used products, but you need to know the guidelines for your specific brand, and you can also talk to an expert or customer support for more information.
Customer support is usually helpful, so you can always ask before you return a product, whether it’s lipstick or anything else.
Can I Return My Lipstick Gift to Sephora?
Yes, if you don’t like the gift and have the receipt, you can return it. You can also follow the return and exchange policies and guidelines for more information.
It’s always good to find the relevant details. You can contact Sephora’s customer support and ask them to guide you in the right direction.
You can also get answers specific to your situation, for example, if there is no receipt, if the gift item appears old or expired, and more. Customer support will guide you better!
Tips to Keep In Mind for Returning Items
You may buy lipsticks and later change your mind, or you may purchase the wrong product. If that’s the case, the tips below may help:
- Before buying lipstick or any other makeup product, it’s best if you read the reviews online.
- Only get the lipsticks with the best online reviews, and you are sure they will suit you best.
- Check the return and exchange policies of the companies before you make the final purchase.
- If someone gives you a gift, you can politely ask for a gift receipt if you want to return or exchange the item. Be kind when asking, as you don’t want to offend the person with the gesture.
Wrapping It Up
You can follow the returns and exchange guidelines to return lipstick to Sephora or any other makeup item. Of course, it’s always best to be aware of the relevant guidelines so that a return or exchange would be easy for you!
The good news is that customer support always guides you in the right direction.
Hi, I’m Tara Walsh, a makeup blogger for ButterSoda.com. I love all things beauty-related and love sharing my tips and tricks with others. You’ll find something useful on my blog, whether you’re a beginner or an expert. I specialize in natural makeup looks, but also love experimenting with different styles. Some of my favorites are smoky eyes and bold lips. I’m always on the lookout for the latest trends so you can find something new and exciting on my blog.